Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I didn't break my back today!

But I tried. This morning I stepped out on to my front steps, completely oblivious to the fact that everything was completely covered in a sheet of ice, and on my first step my feet flew up from underneath me ("just like in the movies!" said the nurse. Yes, how glamorous...) and I came crashing down, spine first, onto the concrete steps. It was so painful, you guys. I was totally trying not to go all hysterical while I rang the doorbell 8 million times because I could not bend over to pick up my keys. I went inside and put some ice on my back and took some of Bill's leftover prescription pain medicine, but it wasn't really feeling very much better and one of the vertebrae seemed to be twice the size of the other ones, so eventually I decided to go to urgent care and get it looked at. Oh yeah, that was after my family doctor's office told me they couldn't get me in until tomorrow afternoon. Like, yeah, no problem, my SPINE X-RAYS can totally wait a day and a half.

Anyway, the undramatic end to my story is that the exam and x-rays seemed fine. I actually even went in at 2 for a half-day of work, because my stubborn refusal to take ANY time off for the next three months even extends to possibly serious back injuries. I'm feeling okay now, but my back hurts like crazy if you touch it at all, and I can almost guarantee you a rad bruise to rival the one I got...well, the one I got the last time I fell down the stairs. Watch this spot for pictures.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Holy crap Chase, I'm glad you're ok. I want to see your bruise for reals.