Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chef Boyardee!

This is totally random, but you know what I have never liked? Canned pasta, ie Chef Boyardee or Spaghetti-os. Not even when I was a little kid, and definitely not now. Even the smell of it makes me kind of grossed out. And I'm not trying to be all fancy or elitist here; there's plenty of disgusting food that I did/do eat (Dinty Moore beef stew, anybody?). I think it's obnoxious when people make out like they can't understand why anybody would ever eat food like that. I was just looking at this blog where somebody commented that you could make a delicious lentil soup with the same amount of effort; bullshit. Dinner from a can takes 60 seconds max, faster than any other food except maybe a bowl of cereal or, like, a candy bar. I'm no Gwyneth Paltrow, saying I'd rather die than give my kid soup from a can...Campbell's chicken and dumplings FTW, that's my motto.

Anyway. I was just thinking about Chef Boyardee and I wondered if I'm the only child of the 80s/90s who doesn't like that stuff. So, what about you? What cheap/childish foods (Easy Mac; Hot Pockets; Spam; etc.) do/don't you like?

1 comment:

Erica said...

I think I love all of those things. But, as you know, I'm weird.