Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Snot rude, is it?

What are people's thoughts on nose-blowing? When I'm at work and have to blow my nose, I never know how "polite" I have to be about it. Do I have to go in the bathroom and shut the door, or what? Usually my rule is as long as I'm not looking at somebody while I do it, it's not a big deal. Like, if I'm sitting at a desk looking at a computer and other people are at other desks or whatever, I would probably just blow my nose right there assuming it is not some huge, disgusting post-cold epic event. Am I totally out of line on this? I was just looking at something online that made it sound like blowing your nose anywhere other than a closed restroom is inexcusable. Oops.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I tend to blow my nose at my desk, or in the restroom. Only because that's where the tissues are. I did blow my nose at the info desk once and felt weird about it afterwards. I wouldn't worry too much about it though - blow away, my friend, blow away.