Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hip to Stitch

Ok, I have a new imaginary hobby! You know, like those other million hobbies I've had that I talk about and read about but never actually pick up...remember origami, and quilting, and making funny t-shirts, etc etc etc? Well today's fake hobby of the day is: embroidery! Yay! I am so looking forward to not embroidering things! But no, seriously, I think I might actually do it, at least for a little bit. For one thing, it seems pretty easy. Also, it's versatile--I can do clothes or things for around the house like pillows or towels or whatever. I can also be creative and come up with my own designs. Finally, I actually have all the stuff I need. I have a shit-ton of embroidery floss (from an old imaginary hobby of making friendship bracelets), and my mom gave me the proper needles and a hoop. I'm going to try to look at some books and see if I can get into it. I think embroidered stuff is so cute. Maybe this hobby will actually stick. Here's hoping.

I would also like to take this opportunity to officially register my displeasure in missing both the David Sedaris and Ben Folds appearances that are coming up soon. Sedaris is coming to Springfield on the 9th (I think) and Ben Folds is playing OWU's Springfest on the 14th. Technically I could go to both of these things, but a combination of feeling like I don't have anyone who wants to go plus feeling like I shouldn't spend the money is keeping me home. I feel like missing these events are the kinds of things that I will regret in the future...and yet, here I am, not going. Grr. I kind of wish I hadn't heard about them at all, because then I wouldn't have to feel bummed about missing them.

No comments: