Tuesday, March 20, 2007

That fucker eats cake!

Part A - Things that I like
-shopping
-watching The Office
-playing the Wii
-eating waffles
-listening to Mitch Hedberg
-not going to work

Part B - Things that I did this weekend
-see Part A

Haha, so I had a good weekend. Actually it was Monday and Tuesday, but it was the weekend to me. Over the actual weekend I also went to a St. P's shindig at Mary's and ate some green cake. Mmm for cake (of any color). My plans for the future include figuring out how to do an awesome scavenger hunt and purchasing and flying a kite.

As a follow-up to my last post....by 'meta' I was referring to the show's tendency lately to make jokes or commentary about itself. Like when Dr. Cox explains why all the different characters are funny or makes reference to the thoughtful voiceover as a sitcom device, or whatever. Just self-referential, wink-wink kind of jokes where it's like the characters are acknowledging that they're in a sitcom. Jokes about the show itself rather than just jokes. It's ok to a degree, and it happens a lot on shows like this, but still. It just rubs me the wrong way. I know a lot of people like it. And I'm sure this isn't the first complaint I've had about Scrubs. Sure, it's hilarious, but I also sometimes want to punch it in the face. You know, kind of how you feel about me.

1 comment:

Jared Cherup said...

Get a bike!