Sunday, February 18, 2007

Half Price Books for Everyone

I just got back from the new Westerville Half Price Books. Best shopping trip ever! They had free cookies, pretzels, animal crackers, coffee, and Capri Suns. I think the Capri Suns were for the kids, but I don't drink coffee so I took one. I am not too proud to wander around a crowded bookstore sucking on a little foil pouch. They did not have any of the books or CDs that I went there looking for, but that didn't stop me from buying 4 books and 1 CD anyway (The Cupcake Cafe Cookbook, Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus, 101 Things To Do Before You Die, The Essential Whitman, and the best of the Counting Crows). I got half off the cookbook with my coupon (making it a quarter-priced book, I guess). And uh...this one guy who works there might be a perfect nerdy dreamboat. Not that I pay attention to that sort of thing. March 1 is teacher/librarian appreciation day...20% off. I'll be back, Half Price Books. I'm not through with you yet.

2 comments:

Erica said...

dude, i totally went there tonight - i got your text message - and i walked away with galileo's daughter and longitude, both by dava sobel, he's just not that into you, and the demon haunted world by carl sagan. and i want to go on march 1st too, so let's make that a plan.

Jared Cherup said...

I went too. My new books are already scanned into LibraryThing.