Monday, February 12, 2007

Be Mine

So I am getting my blog on from here at the parents house while I wait for my laundry to finish. Laundry is pretty freaking tedious, especially when you have two loads. I don't feel like I can leave the house or go to sleep, because I have to be ready for the first load to finish so I can put the second one in right away...I don't know. I'm probably thinking about it too much. I wish I had a washer and dryer at my apartment, that would be awesome.

Valentine's Day is this week. I love Valentine's Day! That is probably totally cheeseball, and I'm probably supposed to be like "why should you only tell people you care about them on a designated day blah blah blah commercial-cakes," but I don't care. I like it. For one thing, there is an overabundance of a.) stuffed animals, b.) chocolate, and c.) pink things at this time of year, all of which I am a big fan of. But more than that, I just like getting dumb cards and stuff from my friends (including e-cards...Screaming Banshee, anyone?). In high school I remember making either hilariously angry/bitter cards about how I was going to die alone or really inappropriately dirty cards and giving them to people. I don't need a dozen long-stemmed roses or a moonlit walk on the beach or whatever. I just think the stupid stuff is fun, especially in the middle of godforsaken February when all I really want to do is curl up under a hundred blankets and die a little.

Oh ok, so it's supposed to snow anywhere from like 3 to 9 inches here in the next day or two (they are being very vague about the forecast). This presents me with the following problem: do I or do I not wish for a shit-ton of snow? Because if I DO wish for a shit-ton of snow, and we get 9 or 10 inches, they might possibly close the library and give me a day off work, which would be freaking awesome. However, we might still get all that snow but they DON'T close the library, in which case I will be stuck making the 4,000 mile drive to work in the two feet of snow that MY stupid ass wished for. Do you see what I'm saying? I mean, people don't realize how complicated my life is. These are the difficult decisions that I have to make on a day-to-day basis. The library should send a bus up to my apartment to pick me up so that I don't have to worry about it either way. That's what I think.

1 comment:

Erica said...

well, you got BOTH of your wishes. lots of snow, and cml is CLOSED. rock on, hotness.

we should play in the snow again - if we can even get out of our apartments today.