Monday, November 19, 2007

It goes down easy

HEY KIDS!

Well I had a kick-ass weekend. Friday I really did nothing during the day, which was awesome. Then later that night was my Chasegiving/Quarterlife Crisis party. It started out kind of lame-ish due to a bad bar/restaurant selection on my part, but it was still a good time and it was much less stressful once we got the hell out of Stripperton. It was really good to hang out with everybody...thanks a lot to those who came, and thanks for the cards/gifts/free food/free drinks as well. Y'all rock it out.

Saturday Bill and I kind of just hung out and watched the game and stuff, then in the evening we went to Pei Wei for dinner (which I LOVE) with Becky, Dan, Jared, and Erica. Then it was over to Casa Jamerica with the above crew (sub Miranda for Becky) for games, gossip, and campfire s'mores. I had forgotten how good real s'mores are. Saturday was really a perfect blend of relaxation and casual fun.

Sunday was busier; I was running late in the morning, but Erica and I still hit up the Tiny Canary indie craft show in Grandview. I actually almost hate going to those things because I want to spend more money than I have, and also because I feel bad chatting with the vendors and then not buying anything from them; sometimes I really love their stuff but it's just out of my price range or not practical for me or whatever. If anyone is shopping for art I would like to suggest Yumi Yumi, who Erica and I are totally retarded-fangirl over. Erica also bought me a birthday t-shirt which I just now remembered to try on (it fits!). After that we clothes-shopped at Target and met up with my mom for dinner at Cap City--delicious. I then hauled ass to get to Bill's so we wouldn't be late for the Feist concert, which gets its own paragraph.

Boys and girls, the Feist concert was amazing. I probably need to get out more, but I will say that it was probably the best concert I've ever been to. We were like in the third row at the Wex's Mershon Auditorium. Jason Collett opened up, and he was great. During one song Bill and I both went through the same thought process of figuring out that his drummer was a girl and then, eventually, that it was Leslie Feist herself. I mean, we couldn't see her face, we're not that dumb. Feist came out and started the show with When I Was A Young Girl, which is a.) my favorite song of hers EVAR and b.) even more totally amazing in concert. I can't even describe the whole thing, I realize that, but just trust me that the concert was at all times both totally cracked out and perfectly perfect. At one point Feist asked for a certain girl in the audience, and then the girl's boyfriend proposed to her. She said yes, everyone cheered, and the band played Sarah Harmer's "Open Window." It was so strange and exciting. I've never seen anything like that happen before. I could go on and on, and really I think I already have.

Today was back to work as usual, but that's OK. It will be a nice 4-day week, and I still have my actual birthday and Thanksgiving to look forward to. I hope you all had equally wonderful weekends, or will soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.