Thursday, November 29, 2007

Boredy boredness

Um, hi!

This is going to be pointless because I'm just doing it to kill time. But hey. It's a frigging blog. Pointless is the name of the game.

Well let's see. Earlier this week I got to work the reference desk solo for an entire hour; that was the first time I've ever been scheduled for an official reference hour. And it was sweet. I think I answered everybody's questions successfully. It was funny because I always say that I know how to use the "official" sources and answer the scholarly questions but that if somebody wants a bus schedule I'm stumped. Well guess what my first question was: "I live up on 161 and my girlfriend works down on Neil and we don't have a car..." Damn! The one time I tried to take a bus, I ended up walking 4 miles from Bill's apartment to Red White and Boom. But, you know, a trip to the COTA site and repeated disclaimers that "I really don't know anything about how the bus system works" and the guy left happy and grateful for my help.

I hope it's not TOO horribly long before I get to get an actual, adult-type job (like, not five years hopefully). I know that I shouldn't complain about work, and things are a lot better than they have been at other times, but still. It gets so, so tedious put things in alphabetical order for hours and hours on end. Sometimes if I'm working and I think "I'm shelving reserves this hour, and next hour I will be pulling off old reserves, and then the hour after that I have to shelve a couple of carts..." it's just like...I just want to lay down on the floor and stop. Other people don't mind and can do work like that day in and day out, but I don't know. I guess I would like something more challenging, something more creative.

I made cookies just now, from this pre-made dough that my mom bought from one of her kids. They turned out kind of weird but they taste pretty good.

Are you looking forward to Christmas? It still seems kind of far off to me, even though I know it is not. I would like to go see Wildlights and do a couple of other Christmasey type things but I think I may end up being too busy for any of that. I hope not!

2 comments:

Erica said...

We want to go see Wildlights too, we have a few coupons for "buy one get one free" tickets, so we should plan a time and all go! It would be fun!

Mary said...

What's this wildlights thing?