Thursday, May 15, 2008

Poppin' Fresh

I just tried using my Blast Off Belly Fat DVD for the first time. Oh man.

First of all, it's ridiculous because I don't really have anywhere to do it. There is space in the basement, but that room is swimming in toxic mold so I don't really want to be rolling around on the carpet or breathing deeply. I'm stuck upstairs in the living room then, in this 4 by 2 foot space I made by pushing the coffee table over a little bit. And then the cat sees me laying on the floor and thinks it's jungle gym time and I have to beat her off me every two seconds.

On top of all that, I am a fat, lazy librarian and I could not really even get through ONE of the ten minute workouts. I am so deeply out of shape that I'm not sure how I can even stand up or do simple tasks like typing or scratching an itch. I could only feel the muscles at the very top of my stomach working; the rest, I suspect, have turned from muscles into thick reserves of frosting that my body feeds off of when it's gone too long without cupcakes.

I was really hoping to see at least some small loss in inches/increase in tone before I hit the beach this summer, but it's not looking good. Maybe I will get lucky and this year's trends will include "soft" and "translucent."

1 comment:

Mary said...

and that is why i go to a gym.. they force you to do stuff for an hour at a time...

mw