Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Think I'll Go To Boston

For starters, I just want to say that any time I talk to someone around here who has a British accent, I assume that they are faking. And then I immediately start to treat them like they're insane, because you would have to be insane to fake a British accent all the time. So, I don't know. I have felt that way for a long time and I just wanted to get that off my chest. Stop being pretend British, y'all. It's not funny.

Secondly, work has been insane for the past three days specifically and the past little while generally. I don't want to get into details on this blog, but so far this week has been easily one of the worst since I started working there. To use a totally played out but accurate metaphor, I feel like I am in a huge pool of water and just barely, barely keeping my head above the surface. And when you feel like that day after day it's just like, how long can you keep treading water?

Finally, I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately because I feel like the entire rest of my life is beyond my control. After I graduate I will just be sitting around waiting for someone else to decide where I can work, and I will be moving around based on somebody else's needs, and I have even been planning my free time lately based on what everybody else wants. I just want to call the shots for a little bit. I just want to say "I'm moving here" or "I want to work there" or "I'm paying this much money for ___" without having to consult with anybody else or convince them of my point. It all makes me feel helpless, and kind of worthless, which just makes me feel bad about a million other things.

Pretty much I just feel like running away. I mean, don't you remember what your mom used to say when you were little?

"Running away solves everything."

No comments: