Sunday, October 21, 2007

Spoiler-free, don't worry

So. I just watched 28 Weeks Later. And I am disturbed. I'm a big fan of the first movie, and while I didn't find either one particularly scary in your typical scary movie way, 28 Weeks Later was almost too disturbing, disgusting, terrifying, and sad. There were, somehow, a few bright spots in the first one, but this one is just so bleak. You don't normally describe a zombie* movie as "realistic," but the infection, quarantines, military presence, rebuilding...it all just seems way too possible. I almost felt sick after watching it.

I mean, it's a good movie though. You should get it.

(*I know they're not technically zombies, but you follow me.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At the same time it's unrealistic because even the military wouldn't catch one of their own on fire- especially when it's obvious that he's not a zombie. Not to mention after the whole chaos is over, the military wouldn't continue to kill those people driving cars that aren't zombies- ie: zombies can't drive.

Mike H said...

I just saw it too... Alice seemed to get freaked out by it, but I just found it predictable and kind of boring. And I'm fine with calling them zombies, they're close enough... Zombie's with attitude. Though I prefer zombies that don't instantly change their pray and that can't run... otherwise it's just unfair.