Friday, July 27, 2007

My life is confusing

Today I was at work and a little girl (7 years old?) came up to me and said that she wanted to sign up for the kids' computers (this just involves writing your name on a sign-up sheet). I picked up the clipboard and asked her what her name was, so I could write it down. She said something along the lines of Devon ("duh-VAWN"), so I asked her how to spell it. She just kind of looked blankly at me, but it seemed like maybe she was reaching for the pencil, so I thought that perhaps she could write her name but was not sure how to spell it out loud.

I handed her the pencil and the clipboard; she hesitated for a minute, then proceeded to write in the 1:30 slot, in perfect neat handwriting, the word "butter." She then put the clipboard down and walked off to wait for her turn on the computer.

"Butter."

???

No comments: